DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The Tyee Drive Extension and Israel Road Improvement project will complete the connection of Tyee Drive, south from the Toyota property, to Israel Road where a roundabout will be constructed. The project will also extend/underground utilities, and create pedestrian crossings and bicycle lanes.
The project consists of the following improvements:
- Construct a new two-lane roadway from the Toyota property to Israel Road. This will include bike lanes, street lighting, planter strips and sidewalks.
- Installation of private utilities, underground.
- Extension of the City’s 24-inch diameter water main.
- Construction of a roundabout connecting Israel Road to the new Tyee Drive with flashing beacons at the pedestrian crossings, street lighting, bike lanes, sidewalks (including to the bridge on the south side), adding planter strips and landscaping.
- Extension of City water and sanitary sewer facilities
- Undergrounding private utilities, except for the power company’s transmission lines that are located higher up on their poles.
- Active Construction Inc., (ACI), from Puyallup, WA is the Contractor for the project.
- Construction work hours are typically between 7:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. The project is anticipated to begin October 3, 2016 and will take approximately six months to complete.
- The Contractor will begin on Israel Road with excavation for the roadway and storm ponds. Deep excavation for the sanitary sewer main will follow.
- Traffic control will be in place, however, delays will occur and alternate routes are advised.
City of Tumwater Project Inspector: Kelly Crawford
City of Tumwater Project Manager: John Norman
ACI Project Superintendent: Tom Detray
ACI Traffic Control Supervisor: Linda Halvorson
This project is funded through the City’s Transportation Capitol Facilities Plan and the water and sewer funds.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact John Norman, City Engineer, at 360-754-4140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for “Construction & Traffic Alerts” to receive an email about traffic impacts and service interruptions as the project progresses at www.ci.tumwater.wa.us/e-notifications .
Overview map of new connection: Tyee Drive & Israel Road Improvements