Annual Independence Day Parade
Parade Award Winners:
- Grand Marshal's Award: Tumwater Soccer Club
- Dale O. Johnson Founder's Award: Girl Scouts of Western Washington
- Music in Motion Grand Sweepstakes Award: Tenino Sound Train
- Music in Motion Sweepstakes Award: DancerZone 360
- Parade Theme Award: Serendipity Academy
- Veteran's Award: Lacey/Tumwater VFW Post 11402
- Floats Grand Sweepstakes Award: Capital Lakefair
- Floats Sweepstakes Award: Girl Scouts of Western Washington
- Most Impressive Animal - Grand Sweepstakes Award: Mini Horse & Cart
- Most Impressive Animal - Sweepstakes Award: Scribbles & Giggles Learning Center
- Huggable Loveable Pet Award: Tumwater High School Equestrian Team
- Comic Award: Thurston County Fair
- Bands - Grand Sweepstakes Award: Tenino Sound Train
- Community Award: Tumwater High School Alumni Association
- Community Youth Award: Scribbles & Giggles Learning Center
- March/Dance/Drill Grand Sweepstakes Award: Black Hills High School Cheer
- March/Dance/Drill Sweepstakes Award: Tumwater High School Cheer
- Mounted Drill Grand Sweepstakes Award: Tumwater High School Equestrian Team
- Mounted Drill Sweepstakes Award: American Made Drill Team
- Mounted Drill Scooper Grand Sweepstakes Award: American Made Drill Team
- Mounted Drill Scooper Sweepstakes Award: Mini Horse & Cart
- Junior Mounted Drill Grand Sweepstakes Award: Tumwater High School Equestrian Team
- Trucks/Equipment Grand Sweepstakes Award: Kiperts Korner Feed
- Trucks/Equipment Sweepstakes Award: Kathy M. - South Sound Maritime Heritage Association
- Cars Grand Sweepstakes Award: South Puget Sound Regional Model "A" Restorers Club
- Emergency Response Unit Award: South Puget Sound Mobile Search & Rescue
- Classic Cars - 1st Place: 1955 Chevy - The Frys
- Classic Cars - 2nd Place: 1955 Ford F-100 - Ryan & Holly Graham
For over 25 years, the City of Tumwater has hosted its Annual Independence Day Parade. The parade begins at 11:00 a.m. on July 4. Individuals and organizations interested in participating in the parade are welcome to contact Tumwater Parks & Recreation at (360) 754-4160 to request a current parade entry packet or download the packet below.
Timeline: The Independence Day Parade is held annually on July 4.
- 10:30 a.m.: No vehicle access allowed along the parade route.
- 10:45 a.m.: Pre-parade activities begin
- 11:00 a.m.: Parade begins
- Parade starts at the corner of Capitol Boulevard and Lee Street.
- Moves south on Capitol Boulevard to Israel Road.
- Turns west (right) onto Israel Road and continues past City Hall, ending up at Linderson Way / Israel Road Intersection.
Road Closures/ Restricted Vehicle Access:
From approximately 10:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., vehicular access to and from property along the parade route will be restricted due to street closures.
Beginning at approximately 8:30 a.m. on July 4, Linderson Way and West Lee Street will be restricted to emergency access. If you need access to these streets after 8:30 a.m. and prior to 12:30 p.m., please make advance arrangements for your vehicle. Parking your vehicle at an alternate location may be preferred.
If you have questions regarding the parade, staging areas, or street access, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department: (360) 754-4160.