Annual Independence Day Parade
For over 25 years, the City of Tumwater has hosted its Annual Independence Day Parade. The parade begins at 11:00 a.m. on July 4. Individuals and organizations interested in participating in the parade are welcome to contact Tumwater Parks & Recreation at (360) 754-4160 to be added to the mailing list to receive a current parade entry packet.
Timeline: The Independence Day Parade is held annually on July 4.
- 10:30 a.m.: No vehicle access allowed along the parade route.
- 10:45 a.m.: Pre-parade activities begin
- 11:00 a.m.: Parade begins
- Parade starts at the corner of Capitol Boulevard and Lee Street.
- Moves south on Capitol Boulevard to Israel Road.
- Turns west (right) onto Israel Road and continues past City Hall, ending up at Linderson Way / Israel Road Intersection.
Road Closures/ Restricted Vehicle Access:
From approximately 10:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., vehicular access to and from property along the parade route will be restricted due to street closures.
Beginning at approximately 8:30 a.m. on July 4, Linderson Way and West Lee Street will be restricted to emergency access. If you need access to these streets after 8:30 a.m. and prior to 12:30 p.m., please make advance arrangements for your vehicle. Parking your vehicle at an alternate location may be preferred.
If you have questions regarding the parade, staging areas, or street access, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department: (360) 754-4160.