Avoid a Kitchen Fire
Cooking is a leading cause of house fires. Avoid one in your home by following these tips:
- Make sure the smoke detector in your kitchen has working batteries
- Always keep a fire extinguisher on hand, and know how to use it.
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Keep pets and young children away from hot cooking areas
- Never leave pot holders, kitchen towels, or flammable items on or near the stove
- Clean cooking surfaces regularly to avoid grease build-up
- Check to make sure all burners are in the off position before leaving the room
For more information, call Tumwater Fire Department at (360) 754-4170.