Tumwater Parks & Recreation is proud to facilitate the Tumwater Youth Program (TYP) for teens and pre-teens in our community. TYP provides middle school late nights, grade school activity nights, neon bowling nights, and teen trips throughout the school year and summer. TYP would not exist without the generous contributions of time and talent given by the citizens of Tumwater.
Rotating schedule among Tumwater Middle School, Bush Middle School, Tumwater High School, and Black Hills High School.
Job duties will include two of the following per evening of volunteer work;
- Work the entrance/exit to the program area
- Help with the pay station or student ID validation and guest check in
- Monitoring exit doors/first aid station
- Monitoring gym activities
- Monitoring inflatables activities
- Assist in running games and tournaments
- Assist in arts and crafts activities
- Monitor dance area
- Other duties as needed
Tumwater Youth Program elementary school activity nights are held one Friday night each month, from 7:00-9:30 p.m. Middle school late nights are held one Friday each month from 7:00-10:00 p.m. Volunteers are expected to begin working 30 minutes before the event begins and stay for the duration of the program. Volunteers may decide how often they wish to volunteer for the program.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- High school students must hold junior status to volunteer for the middle school late night program
- Great experience working with youth
- Have fun while making a difference!
For more information or to volunteer, please contact Tumwater Parks and Recreation Department at (360) 754-4160 or email@example.com.