Volunteers support the Tumwater Police Department by preforming department support functions, community education, and crime prevention during business hours. These tasks may include vacation house checks, administrative and records support, and assisting with customer service in the office and at community events.
The Tumwater Police Department is adjacent to Tumwater City Hall at 555 Israel Road SW, Tumwater, WA.
The duties/tasks performed by a Tumwater Police Department volunteer may included;
- Office support (answering phone calls, filing, etc.)
- Assist with customer service at front counter
- Greeting community members in the office and at community events
- Vacation house checks
- Notice/flyer distribution
- Other tasks
Volunteers are asked to commit to a regular schedule (minimum 5 hours each week) during department business hours. The Tumwater Police Department's business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., closed holidays.
- Complete a Tumwater Police Department Volunteer Application
- Pass a full background check, including an interview and fingerprinting
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age
Tumwater Police Department volunteer applications are accepted year round. Completed applications can be mailed or delivered in person to;
City of Tumwater
555 Israel Road SW
Tumwater, WA 98501
City of Tumwater Volunteer Coordinator at (360) 252-5424 or firstname.lastname@example.org.