The Old Town Center (OTC) offers programs for youth after 2:30 p.m. on a daily basis. This is a FREE drop-in program, open to all youth! The OTC is fully supervised at all times. The center offers a nutritious snack every day, pool tables, foosball tables, air hockey, gym/basketball court, computer access, homework tutoring, X-Box 360, Wii, board and card games, big screen TV/DVD, field trips, community service opportunities, arts and crafts, leadership and much more. In addition to these opportunities, there are activities scheduled each afternoon for a wide variety of youth interests.
The Old Town Center is located at 215 N 2nd Avenue SW in Tumwater.
- Supervision of youth/teens in grades 3-12
- Help participants with homework/tutoring program
- Assist in scheduled activities such as arts and crafts projects and games tournaments
- Gym supervision
Volunteers are expected to commit to a regular shift (minimum 2 hours per week) during the program operating hours. The Old Town Center after school program is open Monday through Thursday, 2:30-6:30 p.m. and Fridays, 2:00-9:00 p.m. The Old Town Center will be closed on Friday nights when there is a Tumwater Youth Program (TYP) activity.
- Must pass a background check
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Great experience working with youth
- Have a direct impact on the community
- Have fun while making a difference!
Please call the Old Town Center/Parks and Recreation at (360) 754-4160 for more information or to volunteer.