May 2017 edition
Volunteers help extend the reach of our City programs and provide valuable connection to the community.
Why Volunteer?A number of benefits are associated with volunteering for the City of Tumwater:
- Volunteering is a great way for friends and family to be responsible citizens and help the local community. You will learn how to be a good steward and be able to share your knowledge with others, making a larger impact on the community, even after your service is over.
- Volunteering supports a healthier lifestyle. Studies show that volunteering makes people happier.
- Volunteering helps maintain and restore City parks and keeps the natural areas healthy for future generations to enjoy.
- Environmental stewardship projects often take volunteers beyond the realm of regular clean-ups into broader areas of concern.
- Most importantly, volunteering is a very fulfilling and fun way to see the positive impact you have made first-hand!
How can you help?Here are some possible volunteer activities that may interest you:
- Supervise safe kids activity nights
- Coach a sports team
- Teach a class
- Recreation programs
- Maintain park spaces by pulling ivy
- Build a trail
- Pick up litter
Contact the City’s Volunteer Coordinator at (360) 252-5424 or firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with a volunteer opportunity!