Up for Review
Economic Development Plan Element of the Tumwater Comprehensive PlanThis plan identifies techniques for attracting new development and business to areas where commercial and industrial developments are appropriate. Economic Development was stated as a priority for the City by the City Council in the Strategic Plan. The Plan articulates the following desired outcomes as a result of proactive economic development:
- Bringing enough wealth and resources into the community to create opportunities for all residents
- Providing enhanced opportunities to shop, play, and work in Tumwater
- Proactively and positively guiding the development that the community will receive as the region grows
- Creating a diverse and sustainable tax base to support the ongoing provision of
- City services for all residents
To organize its pursuit of these desired outcomes, the Council emphasizes economic development throughout its Strategic Plan.
Contact the Community Development Department at (360) 754-4180 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Economic Development Plan (4 MB)