The City of Tumwater has been actively working on ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and be more energy efficient with our current buildings, equipment, and activities. Several studies, assessments and plans have been approved over the past several years and are listed below.
The most recent activity related to climate change is the Council action to approve Resolution R2014-008. This resolution accepted the recent greenhouse gas emission survey conducted by the Thurston Climate Action Team (TCAT). It also directed City staff to collaborate with TCAT to develop and implement policies and actions for reducing the Tumwater community's greenhouse gas emissions.
The City also recently received a grant to install solar power on a City facility and to upgrade to more efficient heating systems at several City facilities. More information on this can be found in the March edition of the Tumwater on Tap news letter.
Climate Change Plans and Documents
- Resolution R2014-008 (0.5MB)
- Climate Protection Program 2008 (3MB)
- Minutes of Council Meeting approving the Climate Protection Program - See pp.4&5 (5MB)
- Tumwater City Hall Energy Assessment Report 2008 (0.5MB)
- Tumwater Resource Conservation Management Program Phase 1 (0.5MB)
- Tumwater Resource Conservation Management Program Phase 2 (0.5MB)