Community Development Department
Welcome to the City of Tumwater Community Development Department, where you can find assistance for your building, permitting, and planning needs. The Community Development Department provides permitting services, plan review, inspections, code enforcement, and long range comprehensive planning for the City of Tumwater. With the help of the City Council, the Hearing Examiner, the Planning Commission, the Tree Board, and the Development Review Committee, the department:
- Provides permits for development activities
- Ensures new development is built according to safety standards (earthquake, fire, electrical, etc).
- Keeps residents safe by providing code enforcement
- Helps to provide guidance for mitigating impacts to critical areas
- Provides information on zoning, allowed land uses, and design of development
- Creates plans for future growth within the community
- Adjusts existing plans with current public input
- Oversees the annexation process
- Makes amendments to Tumwater's municipal code and zoning
For assistance with building, permitting, zoning, etc., you can visit the Community Development Department located in the main lobby of Tumwater City Hall, 555 Israel Road SW. Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, closed holidays. We can also be reached by telephone at (360) 754-4180 or by email at email@example.com.