Historical Register

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
A simple design of the Tumwater Lumber Mills, this property is notable because it is unchanged from the original design, even to retaining the original garage. This area of Tumwater was part of the fairgrounds and Carlyon Racetrack and Velodrome. Fred Carlyon later developed the area into housing. This house was built about 1923 by Axel and his wife Ellen Tillman. They purchased the property from Carlyon and took out a mortgage for $2000 in 1923. They owned the house until the mid-1940s. Tillman was a mechanic by trade.

Listed on the Tumwater Register of Historic Places.
Return to full list >>